THE SIXTH BOUROUGH

like wolves. like smoke. like the rest of the fucking world.

July 27, 2010

ringed eyes with dark circles

I've run out of intelligent people to talk with, so I've taken to conversing with myself on a regular basis. And I've learned plenty;
...
I've found out that I'm sick of Western Civilization. I'm tired of this land, these sights; the unenthusiastic life. I've found a greener grass and it lies in Orient.
I've found out that I'm willing to drop everything for the chance to pursue this greener grass. I'm ready to find a new challenge; something exciting to replace this loathing.
I've found out I'm falling into the corporate jungle I previously despised. My previous beliefs are reigniting and my previous values are nipping me in the ass. If my younger self could see where I'm headed, he would kick my ass for falling in line.
Most importantly:
I've found out we all have to grow up;
I've found out I'm made up of nothing but pipe dreams
and they're draining my life.

somebody pick me up and drop me on the other side of the world.
i'll figure shit out when i get there.

...


voyage.

my feet
are getting cold
from all this walking
across the ocean.

my thoughts
are getting farther
away from me;
in constant motion.

collect my beliefs.
they shattered
when they hit the floor.
retrieve my will.
it wanders with me
no more.

my boat’s leaving the dock.
but my luggage is still at shore.

get me off this vessel_.

break my legs;
let me wander
no more.

...

"We realize the grass may be greener on the other side.
But we've invested too much green in this grass to abandon it."

not yet at least.

yours truly,
-dalton.


No comments:

Post a Comment